Monday, January 23, 2012

Red Tails

Last Thursday I attended a early screening of Red Tails and it was a pretty awesome movie. After I had finished writing a review for the movie I decided to check out some other reviews on the web to see what people had thought about it. Apparently not as many people were as happy with it as I was.

The main problem that many people who saw the movie had was that it wasn't the actual story of the Tuskegee Airmen. And the problem with most of those people is that they don't understand the difference between "based on true events" and "the real story of".

Now I would understand if it would have said that the movie was going to tell the true story of the Tuskegee Airmen but it didn't say that. I'm pretty darn sure that it said that the movie was based on true events, they didn't say it was the actual story of everything that happened.

So stop hating on the movie because it's not the true story. It was a awesome movie without even having to be the true story about them. I'm sure it would have been nice to be the true story but if you care that much about learning who they were and what they did that it had to be 100% accurate for you to like it then Google it or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment