Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pride and Prejudice

So my AP English Lit teacher has been forcing us to read a little book by the name of Pride and Prejudice. It's basically about a bunch of girls who want to be married off and how much their lives suck.

To tell you the truth I was actually looking forward to reading the book at first when my teacher was talking about the book before we got them. I also remembered how I had a lot of friends who have read the book before and liked it so I thought I would probably like it too.

But what I didn't realize at that time was that just about all of those friends of mine who read and liked the book were girls and many didn't have the same taste in books as me.

Anyways after reading the first chapter of the book for the third time, I realized that this wouldn't be a fun book for me. The word choice, sentence structure, giving characters multiple names without telling the reader and constant talk of marriage really messed with my head. I couldn't take it all down and after awhile I kind of didn't even care anymore.

I know that there might be a lot of people who might like the book, for some odd reason, out there and I got no problem with that. Just don't start talking about it in a group with me unless you want me to complain about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment